Mixed media candles with little birdie metallic waxes.

Hello crafty friends!
I am DT Daksha here with my second post of this month..as you all know that this month Itsy bitsy store has newly launched metallic waxes...and we all DT'S trying  inspirational projects using that...so here is my project using Little birdie metallic waxes. I have made mixed media candles using little birdie thai clay and metallic waxes.

Here is the step by step instructions for these mixed media candles
#1-First I have prepared my candle base using glue. Then prepared all clay emblisments using little birdie thai clay and moulds from my stash..then using little birdie gel medium I stuck all the clay emblisments as per my choice...to give more texture look used half pearl strings...big size half plastic beads..
#2- then applied a coat of grainy texture paste on all clay part and in bottom part of candles... applied a coat of white gesso in rest of the areas ..

#3- after it got dried I have given a coat of one step Crackle medium on upper part of these candles .
#4- once that crackle medium got dried properly I gave a coat of black gesso on my candles...you can see beautiful crackle effect in my pictures.

 #5- then used Little birdie metallic waxes on the black gesso..
 Here in picture, you can see beautiful crackle,and metallic wax effect on my candles..all clay emblisments got highlighted . Finally gave a coat of spray varnish  and my mixed media candles are ready to use.🙂
Thank you for stopping by..hope you got inspired with my project and try to play with little birdie metallic waxes...
Love n hugs
Daksha

Supplies used



                         https://www.itsybitsy.in/products/other-hobbies-sculpture--modelling-clay/little-birdie/thai-clay-200g/pid-14517531.aspx







               


Comments

Popular Posts