Serenity- Mixed media with cement craft and reverse glass decoupage

Hello crafty friends!
As you all know we at itsy bitsy blog have
Challenge #19….. Any thing goes using Little Birdie Craft Cement. For details please click HERE
There are amazing videos on how to make craft with cement  all over Facebook and Youtube. So,  you have lot of inspiration and  ideas available for making some wonderful and cool stuff with this amazing product. The DT team also has some fantastic ideas to keep you inspired 
 Now for today's inspiration post using Little birdie craft cement  I have made mixed media on bottle ...so let's start with the project..




I have done a mixed media on a glass bottle..using craft cement and reverse glass decoupage technique.... used light fitting inside so it will work as nice lamp or lighted show piece.

Step by step instructions:

Step-1: first I selected a plain glass bottle without any design on that..and after washing with hot water and removing labels...I dried it properly and finally gave alcohol cleaning.
Step:2- then selected a tissue..(here I had a concept of sitting Buddha inside a bottle).. so after selecting the tissue design I did reverse glass decoupage using Little birdie deco magic ..I did decoupage in that way that it covers back sides leaving little area infront..from where we can see Buddha statue inside the bottle....after drying first coat I did second coat of decoupage glue n dried it properly..then gave a coat of white gesso on total area of bottle .. leaving only front part..as you can see in picture.


When gesso fully dried gave a coat of Matt varnish so my decoupage remain intact..and I can do mixed media work on that without damaging my design..


Step:3- I made a paste using craft cement and water in a plastic container and in another plastic bowl I dipped cotton fabric in water....( I had left over fabrics from my Tanjore boards) you can use any fabric..my is poplin fabric..after squeezing extra water from fabric I dipped in cement mixture..here I added little white glue also to make fabric more tacky....once my fabric got totally covered with cement..I started sticking on bottle..I have used Little gel medium also for sticking...
I have used two pieces of clothes..one from right to left and second from left to right covering total back and top part leaving little glass portion infront, from where you can see decoupage Buddha inside.

While sticking cemented fabric I tried to give folds .. tried to give more folds and raised look..don't make it flat.
To speedup the process little ..I used hair dryer..as that will help in setting the cement little faster for the time being and you can work further..
Step:4- now using little birdie thai clay I made some mould designs..it's best to use thai clay as after drying..it remains flexible..so you can stick as you want..(air dry clay become hard and can be used for flat sticking). I find little birdie thai clay very soft n easy to use..and good flexibility.


Thai clay and my cement work I dried overnight..next day using heavy gel medium I arranged the mould designs according to my requirement...and once it got dried..I used jute code,pearl beads to further decorate it.
 Step:5- once every thing stuck and dried I gave a coat of black gesso..as it's on cement work..I gave another coat of gesso to cover up any nooks and crannies....

when I was fully satisfied..then I gave dry brushing of blue colour..I wanted antique metallic blue look so then applied metallic pearl color with blue..all dry brushing..
 Finally I gave dry brushing of gold metallic paint with fingers ..on highlighted areas...




 Inside glass bottle I have put few pabbles, bottle cap light and matching tiny flowers.
After waiting for a day or so.. finally I gave a coat of little birdie Matt varnish...here is my final project picture..
Hope I have inspired you with my project..and hope to see you participate in this current months challenge.
Thank you for stopping by
Love and hugs
Daksha
Previously I have done one more inspiration project on craft cement..if you wish to check please click HERE

Supplies used:








Comments

Popular Posts