Decoupage with faux wood effect and lace work.

Hello crafty Friends!
Today I am here with my decoupage home Decor piece with faux wood effect and lace work.


Now let me explain you all step by step..


I have taken 12" round MDF base. On that with pencil n scale marked vertical lines as you can see in above first picture..then with sharp tool I scored that lines to get deep score lines. After that I applied white gesso. once gesso got dried, I applied three Colors of chalk paints in vertical lines n with that I have used brown and black chalk paints on my deep score line to give faux wood effect. Then using thick hard bristle brush and brown and black mixed chalk paint gave that faux wood effect...I am really very happy with the result as in real it looks very pretty. Hope I am able to capture that in below picture.
 #2- now using Tinted metallic paint silver Oak and stencil I did stenciling all around..oh yes before that I place my images in the centre and marked that area with light pencil mark.


 #3- when my stencil work dried properly then I decoupaged my image in that marked area using decoupage glue. Gave two coats of varnish.
 #4 - by the time my varnish was getting dried I made a plastic cone and in that I put little birdie two in one texture paste ( little diluted). You can use pearl drop also.
 #5 - now using that texture paste come I did outline to my stencil design..it will give lace effect..we can add more free hand designs also but here I did not want to cover my faux wood effect..so I did only on stencil areas only.
 #6 -after that I have used Little birdie black pearl drop  as small dots on inner n outer sides.
 Here you can see...

#7 - finally using little birdie MDF chipboard and flowers I decorated...I used minimal decoration to keep main focus on faux wood and lace effect..
Thank you for stopping by.. .you must be knowing that this month at itsybitsy blog we have 'Anything with little birdie pearl drops' challenge and we all DT'S trying to inspire you all...so hope to see more entries.😁
Thank you
Love n hugs
Daksha
Supplies used:
                            https://www.itsybitsy.in/products/adhesives-books--stationery-adhesives-decoupage-glue/itsy-bitsy/deco-magic-glue-matte--100ml/pid-14148181.aspx
















Comments

Popular Posts