Altered mini note book/Phone book tutorial

Hello! crafty friends


 Today I am here with 2 projects
# 1.Tutorial on Altered mini note books
# 2.Altered phone book

PROJECT # 1 Altered mini note books

These note books are very easy to make and you can try them with your basic skill and stuff...So with no further delay lets start...

Note book #1



note book #2



note book #3




note book #4



note book #5



TUTORIAL: Altered mini note book

STEP -1 -First take the measurement of mini note book,that you want to alter.Take a cardstock of your choice (here I have taken black CS) to cover my mini note book.Cut to exact size of your notebook.
STEP -2 Stick this  or cover this black CS on notebook with glue or red tacky tape,press properly on all sides and barnish it. Your cover is ready..now to decorate ....


STEP-3 for 2nd layer take any coloured CS 1/4" smaller than the front cover of the notebook (here I have used light pink CS.you can use any pattern paper also but I have made my own pattern paper using stamp so that it matches with my theme.I stamped ice-cream image with black Archival ink on light pink CS and  my pattern paper is ready.
STEP - 4 Stick this PP on the front of note book 



STEP - 5 Then I have taken white diecut piece using smallest die from oval dual stitched die set and on that I have stamped the sentiment  with black ink,and stuck the water coloured image of ice-cream stamp with foam dots
STEP - 6 Finally highlighted with black colour rhinestones and given stitched boarder all around using black marker pen.
N.B: If your notebook binding is thicker and bigger in size then covering with CS will not work ,it will open up from the hinge or binding parts. With bigger and thicker notebook or Diary we need to cover both front n back( leaving hinge part )..with CS and then hing part or binding part we have to cover with separate piece of CS or with binding tape or decorate sides with laces.Process can be vice versa also like hinge part can be covered first n then front n back ..depending on your designs





Supplies used





PROJECT #2 Altered phone book

In this project ...my phone diary is in dark green colour so I don't need to cover it with CS..only I have layered it with pearl cream card stock,then black and finally I have distressed layer.For distress layer I have used  distress inks -shabby shutter ,scattered straw,peeled paint,chipped sapphire. Then misted with water using very fine spray bottle.Dried immediately with heat gun.Again misted with perfect pearl mist spray to get pearly misted look.Then used Graceful lattice die cut in white,on that I have used Oval dual stitched die cut frame which I have used as  photo frame with vintage photo...Finally to decorate oval frame I have used stamped layered Dahlias and leaves..used word INSPIRE die cut in black n decorated with metal charms in all four corners and a dragonfly using E6000







Supplies Used :






Thanks for stopping by...hope you liked both of my altered projects as much as I loved making them
Love n hugs 
DAKSHA



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts