Followers

Saturday, 13 July 2013

Altered mixed media canvas:

Hello friends!
This time I have tried mixed media....but instead of buying canvas I have recycled cereal box.....
 Seeing Prima doll stamps first thing came in my mind .....my daughter.she is my doll and she dream to became a model one day.....I made this canvas keeping my daughter in my mind.....She is just 11 years...and touchwood growing...but as mother I always think her as my little Darling.....she loves clothes like models,loves to wear modern jewellery...specially she loves funky rings.very fond of sandles,high heel shoes(which I don't like for her age).........

 First I have opened  & turned the cereal box inside out...so that plain part comes on top and printed part goes in....then I gave a coat of texture white...if u have gesso...u can use that ...since I don't have...I have used texture white.Let it dry for 1 day...
I stamp Prima doll stamp with momento ink on thick water paper.and for dress part I have stamp that on 2-3 pattern paper and then layered it,to give dimensional look.Best part in mixed media canvas is....we can use any thing and follow any technique to enhance the look.....







Here u can see washi tapes Which i have outlined with black marker.

On all 4 sides I have used.stamping,and templets(TCW)metallic colours,white texturing.






Supplies used:
# cereal box recycled
# texture white
# acrylic colours.
# Rengers distress ink- from crafters corner
# TSUKINEKO Brilliance fast drying inks-from priya's store.
# stamps-Prima doll stamp,(thank you Priya for getting that for me),Fiskers stamp
# washi tapes...from lulupu store.
# TCW..templetes(thank you Jyotiben for getting it for me)
# glitters-from my stash
# pattern paper-paper prints from A1 CRAFT SUPPLY.
# black marker pens for giving border lines,
# emblishments and lots of charms,buttons(my daughter's favourite)-from A1 CRAFT SUPPLY.
# mulberry flowers-from Reena Gupta.(sorry don't remember the store name)
# feathers.-from my stash
# MDF cutout-"Happiness"-from Anita kejariwal.

5 comments:

  1. This is just fabulous !! Superb.....
    Love the cereal box idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the textures and the doll stamp, feathers and safety pins....in fact everything on this Layout!!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the neatly arranged embellishments...Loved it..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...