Altered violin mixed media project

Hello crafty friends!
Today's post is my special Guest designer post for Splashymix challenge. As my friend Shylaa told me, it can be any mixed media project with a moodboard.
I must tell you I really love the moodboard colour theme..so shabby chic..I tried to use same colour theme in my project hope you all like it.so here is my 
Altered Violin mixed media project


This project I made keeping someone in my mind and hope she will like it..so let's talk about my Altered violin mixed media project.
I have used violin MDF base from my stash for my mixed media project.



#1- first I have covered the MDF base with Little Birdie paper from 'Amor mio' paper pack using gel medium.( At this point I have something different in my mind 😊).
#2-then gave a coat of clear gesso..after that I did string part using cord n chipboard pieces.. once everything stuck properly I gave a coat of white gesso on background n on string part also...did stencil work and white crackle paste in few random places...

 Then took one MDF clock dial & on that I did embossing with white enamel and pink glitter embossing powder... in the middle I have stuck a vintage lady picture with gel medium...used few MDF gears in few places..oh yes I have used one small piece of lace at the base of MDF clock dial..to give more shabby chic look...for colors I have used Lindy's magicals....did some script stamping with brown archival ink on top n bottom parts.



After Coloring with Lindy's magicals I have decorated the whole project with flowers, pearls,clay & metal emblishments, sentiments, butterfly etc...



Hope you have enjoyed as much as I have making this project.. thank you for stopping by....
Love n Hugs
Daksha
Supplies used
Little Birdie paper pack ' Amor mio'
Little Birdie  Heavy gel medium
Little Birdie clear gesso
Little Birdie white gesso
Little Birdie white crackle paste
Little Birdie dark Brown glitter
Little Birdie metallic gold color
Little Birdie metallic rich gold wax
Little Birdie sparkle paste
Little Birdie butterfly
Lindy's magicals colors.
MDF violin base from my stash
MDF roman clock dial from my stash
MDF gears from my stash
Mulberry flowers from my stash
Prima mould for stars 
Sakura light weight clay from my stash.

Comments

Popular Posts