Mixed media envelope gift box card - Mother's day Special

Hello crafty friends!
Hope you are all doing well and staying safe at home...
Today's project is specially made to participate in 'Trash To Treasure' challenge with Finnabair and Prima

As I was thinking for Mother's day project and then this challenge came so I thought to make a mixed media card using Prima packaging...since I keep all my colours and medium in packaging boxes due to humidity n all..I thought to use Prima die packaging and Prima paper pack front n back thick cardboard for my project( as I was using that design paper to make envelope box)😊💕
So here is my project...
Mother's day envelope box card with little Prima packaging:

  This envelope box card can hold some chocolates,or small gift but since total lockdown..I made two bookmark as a gift ( details read down). This envelope stand as a box with a card to write message at the back.



First :which and how Prima packaging used:
I have used Prima Rose paper pack and it's front and back thick cardboard for decoration,bookmark,butterfly ,and back card and support of the envelope box.


This front cover picture  rose with butterfly... I have used ..



 This die plastic package I have used to cut that butterfly....and cover of paper pack used to cut another layer of butterfly. Here in picture you can see both layered together.
That glass dome 'You are so very special' I have used stamp sentiment n stuck on glass stone using gel medium.

Left over top stipes of design paper I have used to make matching tassels to go with book marks. 


 Bookmarks also cut from thick top cardboard of Rose paper pack.




 Here this nest and that tiny three eggs handmade using jute coir and prima clay😊💕




Step by step instructions:

#1-first I cut a design paper in 9"x9" and using envelope board made a box envelope...

#2- then using back cardboard of paper pack..I cut the double fold envelope card shape ..in normal envelope I could have use any design paper..but since I wanted to do mixed media on my card.. thought to use little thick and for that back of the paper pack was the best choice..and it's natural colour was perfectly going with my project.
#3- Then Stuck the envelope on the folded cardboard using gel medium
#4- gave a coat of clear gesso on design paper..did stenciling using texture paste and Prima Lace stencil. Used alchemy acrylic colors..
#5- to give more texture in background used lace, art stones, Graphite paste ...
#6-decorated with chipboard, butterfly, flowers etc.. finally highlighted with white gesso..
There are many details but difficult to capture in pictures 😬.

Supplies used:
Prima Rose paper pack
Finnabair Art basics heavy gesso
Finnabair Graphite texture paste.
Finnabair White texture paste
Finnabair gel medium
Finnabair Alchemy Acrylic paints
Finnabair Melange Art pebbles.
Prima doily die
Prima leaf dies.
Finnabair Art stones white.
Fairy rhymes prima flowers.
Other stuff from my stash.

Thank you for stopping by..hope you have liked my project..do leave your suggestions please...and my last request please stay at home , stay safe and keep crafting.😊
Love n hugs
Happy crafting
Daksha

Comments

Popular Posts