'Life is Beautiful' mixed media canvas

Hello everyone!
 Extremely excited to be a part of the Itsy Bitsy family. Here is my first post on the blog inspired by the challenge theme "Anything goes using Little Birdie instant image transfer gel". Hope my post inspires you all and gives you new ideas.

MIXED MEDIA CANVAS WITH  LITTLE BIRDIE INSTANT IMAGE TRANSFER GEL


Step by step instructions:

First I took an 8”X10” canvas and an image which I wished to transfer. I got this image printed from outside as my printer wasn’t working.
Next I marked the area lightly with a pencil where I wanted to transfer the image. Then I applied Itsy Bitsy Instant image transfer gel in the required space with an even coat and then placed my image facing down. 
[Take care while placing the image, there should not be any air gaps or bubbles.]


Then let it dry for 5-10 minutes, in between I have also used a hair dryer to speed up the process.
After ten minutes I applied water on the image with a sponge on the image and slowly started to rub in a circular motion.
 Over here I made an error by using alot of pressure and more water than required and there was a tear in the image so I switched to the other corner of the image with less water and less pressure which gave me a perfect image transfer.
You can see that in the given picture. ( My dancing girl image is perfect and background area as I want to give shading with Colors)

Later, I gave a coat of decor varnish on the transferred image. Then, using Little Birdie home decor chalk paints I colored the background and shaded it according to my transferred image.

I also used the Brick stencil and archival colour. 
I have used Little Birdie Thai clay and given musical stamp impression on the top left corner.
On the bottom part I have applied Little Birdie two in one modeling paste using stencil.

Then, I have used handmade papers from Itsy Bitsy on all sides to give a torn edge effect. To stick these papers on the canvas I have used Little Birdie gel medium.
Little Birdie Handmade flowers were also used.
I have used modelling paste on the handmade papers and canvas to give various texture effects.

Finally I have colored the entire canvas except the middle portion (with the image) with black gesso. After this a little shading with chalk colors and the brick stenciling was done again.
At the top of the canvas I  have used Little Birdie Prime Chipboard which says “ Life Is Beautiful”
Lastly, I have used Gold and copper metallic colors to highlight the texture effects in various places. 
A dry brushing of white chalk colour on the flowers and torn edges gave a final touch
Thank you for stopping by , see you soon with another inspiration post with little birdie products 🙂👍
Love and hugs
Daksha
 Detail video tutorial:

Comments

Popular Posts